Saturday, June 9, 2018

Cleaning Tip - Oven Grates

Adulting With Beth

Let me start off by saying that I HATE cleaning! I do almost anything to avoid it. When I do clean, I always look for shortcuts. I want it done fast, so I can move on to anything else. 

One of my all time favorite tips has to do with cleaning the grates on the oven. Since I enjoy cooking, they tend to fill with gunk and other residue. No matter how much I tried to clean it off, it never felt truly clean. Then I came I across the ammonia trick. 

How to Clean Oven Grates:

1. Place the grates into a Ziploc bag (find the size that will fit your grates). 

2. Add in 1-2 tablespoons of ammonia to the bag and seal. 

Adulting With Beth


3. Let the bag sit overnight.

4. Rinse the grates.

That's it! The first time I did this, I called my mom and let her know how will this worked! It was like the built on gunk dissolved away! I wanted her to try it right away with her oven! This has become my go to trick when I went to clean with zero effort.

What is your favorite cleaning tip?

No comments:

Post a Comment