Saturday, June 16, 2018

Designing Your Summer

Adulting With Beth

I have heard a lot about the importance of Designing Your Summer. This is the idea of planning your summer before it actually begins (or at least planning at the beginning of summer). The reasoning behind this is that summer flies by! It's easy to have great intentions of everything you want to get done, but you blink and summer has ended.

Here's How I Am Designing My Summer:

1. First, I am thinking about my overall categories for summer - work, travel, errands, day trip activities, and projects. These categories contain the main areas which I would like to focus my attention on this summer.

2. Next, in each category I listed a variety of items I wanted to accomplish (without going to crazy - I can't do EVERYTHING this summer). For example, day trip activities (for me) include a visit to Navy Pier to see Macbeth, at least 2 zoo visits, going to the Little Red Schoolhouse, go to at least 2 different farmer's markets, and going to see one or more movies.

3. Finally, I filled my planner with actual dates for each of these events. Actually scheduling them forces me not to put off an event too long. If by some chance something does come up, I can always make changes as needed.

Action Steps For You:

1. Think about the large areas you would like to focus on this summer.

2. Under each category think of specific items that you would like to accomplish.

3. Place these items onto your calendar. Making an actual plan on them makes you more likely to accomplish them.

How are you designing your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment